Most of us often have an OCD about touching bins or the toilet seat, as they are the most obvious places for germs and dirt to lurk, but little do we know that the toilet seat is actually 400 times less infected than our office desks! Surprised?
In fact, there are quite a few things about germs and bacteria that you probably didn’t know about… Read on and prepare to be shocked…
Did you know…?
- The majority of germs are spread via people shaking hands and coming into contact with various objects that they might not even be aware they are touching.
- Kitchen sponges and dishcloths can hold over 4 billion existing germs and bacteria.
- Certain germs and bacteria can survive in dry atmospheres for hours and hours, while they can survive 3 or 4 days in a moist environment.
- Mascaras are known to attract bacteria following three months of use and start to grow creepy crawlies within the tube. Eww. Gives a whole new meaning to ‘spider lashes’ doesn’t it?
- Speaking of makeup, contaminated or shared eyeliner is one of the major causes of bacterial conjunctivitis, a painful eye infection. Makeup brushes also carry a lot of bacteria and germs.
- When flushing the toilet, bacteria can fly up to around 3 feet in the air, potentially contaminating anything near it, including your toothbrush and hand towel.
- A large proportion of women’s handbags have been found to carry the bacteria E-Coli, which can cause serious infection.
- How much does our mobile phone go through in a day? Texting, calling, speaking… bacteria and germs from the ear, the mouth and of course, our hands – wherever they may have been.
- Not many of us know that dust is actually made up of the millions of dead skin cells each human sheds a day. Nice.
These are just a handful of things you may not have known about germs and bacteria. We come across and exchange so many germs in a day that it doesn’t bear thinking about; especially in a shared environment, such as an office or communal washroom.
A regular deep, intense clean can be majorly beneficial to you and those around you, so get in touch with Relkogroup today for more information on the services we offer and see how we can help transform your work environment into a germ ‘unfriendly’ zone.
Give us a call today on 0800 014 297 or contact us online. One of our friendly experts would be happy to discuss your requirements with you.